Spring Break Fun

This week was spring break and boy did we have a lot going on.  Things started off shaky with the stomach flu and once everyone was better it was time to have fun.  Steve had found some mini art projects for Ella to do and really went all out to make sure Ella and I enjoyed our time at home.  Here are some of our adventures.

Ella and I like to watch Food Network together.  She likes Iron Chef and Cupcake Wars.
The other day we were watching Giada and she was making the yummiest treats and Ella really wanted to make some.  Steve just happened to see us watching her making madeleines and surprised us by getting us a pan so we could make our very own.  Ella told me it was her pan but that I could borrow it sometimes. Nice!
Here is the recipe we used and the end result.

Madeleines
Thanks to the flu Ella missed out going to the Zoo with her class so I promised to take her.
Ella thought the Giraffes were a little stinky.
Her favorite: the Seals
My favorite little monkey:
 Sweet Thomas even got to take a ride on the carousel.  
The next day we headed over to Hammonds Candy, complete with a tour and free samples!
That's my kind of place!
Ella and her sweet hat!  We learned that Santa orders all his candy canes from here.  They even send special candy to Disney.
Later that day Steve surprised us with a mini vacation to a hotel, so we packed up and headed across town.   We had dinner at Red Robin and the kids got to go swimming.   Well Ella did, Thomas was pretty freaked out by one of the older girls in the pool.  Every time she went under water he started to whimper a lot.  It was intense so Steve had to take him outside to calm down and even when I got him in the water he didn't seem very happy.  Poor guy, maybe next time he will enjoy it.

    
No matter, they looked cute in their swim gear. 
Thanks to my sweet hubby for a wonderful week and for all the surprises...and for my new phone, now I can play Angry Birds!


1 comment:

alane said...

your cookies look so yummy..And those kids at the zoo look so cute!
Thanks for posting!!