Things for Baby

The house is starting to fill up with baby things…something I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around.

I got some lovely packages from KY and a Baby Bjorn (a group gift from my baby shower is ordered and on its way)…something I didn’t have with Ella and hoping I will get lots of use out of it.

Ella is my little helper and loves to open the gifts for the baby.  She thought it was pretty funny to get covered up by all the “stuff.”  My favorite is the Star Wars Onesie, you can’t see it cause Ella is covering it with her arms.

IMG_5066

IMG_5068

IMG_5067

IMG_5069

I’ve done a bit of sewing…

My sisters gave me the idea of these wee wee pee pee covers and since I don’t really know if I’ll need them I thought, Why Not!  So much easier to make and cheaper too.  I used flannel and terry cloth.  I scored big on the washcloths, .99 cents thank you Target Clearance.

IMG_4944

IMG_4947

I also tried to make my own baby leg covers…those I did struggle with and I’m not sure I have the patience to try again although it’s hard beat a pair of socks for .68 cents.  Maybe I’ll try again after the little guy gets here.

And after seeing all the crafty blogs out there I thought I’d try to make some cute burp cloths, those weren’t too bad. 

IMG_4946

We’ve been slowly getting the “big things” for baby.  The UPS man made sure no one would steal our pack and play and we got a lovely Red Stroller with matching Car Seat.  So for now the necessities are here and ready. 

IMG_4950

IMG_5078

IMG_5079

A friend of mine made me this car seat cover as a gift!  So cute.

And my sister made the little man some cute hats.

IMG_5081

(I made the brown one)  Now I just need to learn to crochet so I can make cute hats with ears.

Not too much longer till the little guy gets here…all that’s left is to pick a name!

1 comment:

nernin said...

I've mastered basic crochet. I will ask Anne to show me how to make ears.
Thanks for posting! The extra hats I sent can be given to your friends with boy babies on the way.