Love

My heart is so full, I can’t stand it.  As I think about the past few years, it’s becoming hard to remember the sadness I felt at the possibility that we may not have any more children and the feeling of loss, of being lost.  A year ago in December it was my turn to teach a lesson at church, on anything I felt inspired to talk about.  I remember it was early December and our first try at IUI failed and there I was late Saturday night, crying on my couch trying to figure out what in the world to teach the next day.  I knew I wanted to talk about LOVE, because that is what was closest to me at the time, needing to feel GOD’s love in my life.  I was “freaking out” and finally I said a prayer to Heavenly Father asking him to help me teach a lesson about HIM.  I have had very few experiences in my life where I felt total peace from the Spirit, and this would be counted as one of them.  What a precious feeling.  So I wiped away my tears and got to work.  Unfulfilled wishes, trials, mistakes…The greatest gift in this life is to feel the LOVE of God, to know that I am his child and no matter what happens, HE loves me.  It was such a gift to have that experience and it helped me face the possibility that we may always be a family of 3 and that it was OKAY.  It would be okay no matter what happened.  On Christmas Eve morning we were visiting our Utah family and I decided to take my pregnancy test a day early and you know the rest of the story.  As I think about LOVE and the love I have for my children I can’t begin to imagine the love our Heavenly Father has for us.  Having our two babies has been such a blessing, I love them to the moon and back.

IMG_6526-4

IMG_6533-2

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meredith - You baby boy is so precious. I too know how you feel. My baby boy just seems to complete my world. He is just so adorable and of course, so is your daughter. Take Care and congratulations.

- Heather Collins Stout

alane said...

oh Meredith, what a sweet and wonderful post...and those pics at the end? SO WONDERFUL!!!We all feel so blessed to have your sweet babies in our life. And a sweet daughter-in-law like you. Thanks for sharing it.

Brimhalls said...

Great post. I think it is so interesting how everyone's life is so different. I get pregnant if my husband even looks at me, but I have my own set of hard things. But no matter what we struggle with, the answer is always the same. Why do we forget so easily? Or get distracted? Or turn our back on the answer? Thanks for the great reminder. :)

Lisa said...

Beautiful post-- I'm tearing up. And beautiful pictures of your babies! (Even though Ella probably doesn't want to be called that anymore)