Space and Dads


Picture Credit: NASA, JPL, NSSDC, Voyager

March:
We love Space at our house, space rockets, astronauts, and especially Pluto so when we heard Ella was learning about the Solar System in Preschool we thought that was pretty exciting. It was even more exciting when the teacher heard that Steve was able to come and share some special things with her classes about the planets and space stuff they were learning.


How cool for Ella's dad to be there teaching her little friends about the planets. I know for me I loved it every time my own Father came to talk about eyes, gave out little prizes and dissected cow eyeballs. (that part was actually kind of gross) But not everyone's dad gets to do that so I'm glad Ella and I can both share the same feeling of, "that's my dad!"


P.S. We had just gotten our new iPad 2 and it was perfect for the presentations. The kids asked really funny questions, like if Steve had ever seen the movie Space Camp and mostly they just wanted to tell Steve the things they had learned. Four year olds are amazing.

6 comments:

nernin said...

Space is AWESOME!!!
Go Steve! Wish I could have been there to listen.
Thanks for posting Meredith. :)

nernin said...

Meredith,
I thought Dad brought in pig eyes? I could be wrong. Mom and Dad are sleeping right now so I will patiently await to ask them in T minus 7 hours. :)

alane said...

can we have a moment of pure momma pride??? I AM SO PROUD OF THIS BOY OF MINE....I just wish I could have been there. He has always had a wonderful sense of wonder about space! Way to go Steven.
(and by the way, you looked so handsome...)

Anonymous said...

How cool is it that a class of four-year-olds can have their own Master of the Universe talk to them about space?!!

By the power of Greyskull!

Alicia said...

Wish wish wish that I could've been there! Steven, can you prepare a short presentation for our next family gathering? Like...really can you? I'd love to learn what you taught those little kiddos.

Love you guys!

Rachel said...

I love this!