So I figured that the easiest way to show you our trip would be to divide it into various activities, since that matches the themes of the trip pretty well. For the first two nights, we stayed in the Bahia Hotel in Mission Bay, so we could be near the beach.
We had a lot of fun at the Bahia, and much of it revolves around the activities that the hotel provided. On weekends in the offseason (and every day during the summer), the hotel provides free activities for kids. While I think you can actually leave your kid with them, we just tagged along. First, Ella (and then the rest of us) painted a treasure box.
For some reason, Meredith decided to turn the camera on me here. I am apparently extremely amused.
I also include this picture for the sake of showing that I wasn’t sunburnt at least once during the trip. This is the morning after we arrived.
After painting treasure boxes (and Ella coloring a photo album and playing some Candy Land), we headed out to see the Pacific Ocean (and didn’t take our camera, unfortunately). I did, however, grab a cellphone photo of one of the monster pieces of pizza we had for lunch.
After lunch, we headed back to the hotel, where we built sandcastles with our friend from the hotel, and then lounged around the pool a bit.
After that, we went on a cruise of Mission Bay on the Bahia Belle.
We first grabbed some cool shots from the upper deck.
After sitting on the top for a few minutes (it was pretty windy, as you can tell from the first picture), we went down to the lower deck, where there was an entertainer singing children’s songs. Ella walked in a patriotic “parade” and did the limbo.
They invited the parents to come in and do the Hokey Pokey at the end. I joined in, and as you can see, by this time I was totally sunburnt.
When I get sunburnt, my skin burns hot, which makes it hard for me to sleep. On the bright side, I was able to finish two of the three Hunger Games books in my sunburn evenings at the hotel. After our two nights at the Bahia, I rented a car, so we could move on to our next adventures. More on those in another post. Before I go, I figured it’d be better to end on a more attractive picture than of my sunburned face. ![]()
2 comments:
OHHHHH....it looks like so much fun! The beach, the cruise, the hokey pokey! LOVE IT ALL!
Can't wait to see more photos!!!!
Glad you had a lot of fun!
Thanks for posting. :)
Post a Comment