Putting on the Ritz


For our Anniversary this year Steve was all about surprises, which in itself is amazing since the man loves to give me my gifts early for every holiday.
I actually got only one
gift early and was able to help pick it
o
ut, but I knew he was planning something special, I just didn't realize how special.

We stayed downtown at the Ritz Carlton!

Ella spent the night with a good friend of mine and off we went. It was just for one night but he had everything planned out, my clothes packed and reservations made. Just so you know this is probably one of the nicest hotels I've ever seen. We have a fond memory of the Ritz when we were in Florida on our honeymoon. We decided to drive to Sarasota and could not find a hotel with any rooms available, then Steve remembered! Yes, fresh out of college with about half of our honeymoon money left and we pulled up to this fancy hotel. We had pizza delivered (we called the front desk to make sure we could even do such a thing) and felt so out of our comfort zone we changed our reservations to only one night instead of two. Things were different this time. After check in we decided to take a peak at the Club level and then it was off to the spa for a mani/pedi.
I had no idea. So Steve dropped me off and went back to get some snacks. After my girl time I had to get ready for the next surprise, dinner. But before we left we were given an anniversary gift from the hotel, so nice! So back to dinner at Elways, like (John Elway). We were seated at our table to find a hand written note from the manager and a red rose.




After dinner we decided to take advantage of dessert on the Club Floor. We had it all to ourselves for a while since everyone was at the Rockies Game. Totally amazing! It was the nicest, most wonderful evening and truly a trip I'll never forget. I'm so thankful that Steve and I were able to find each other, we are best friends and I'm so impressed that he did one of the hardest things for me by keeping it all a surprise. Thank you honey!



(loving me some fancy Sprite)

(Steve looking handsome in his new glasses)

2 comments:

Alicia said...

What a fun surprise! Looks like you guys had a great time, and I've heard that getting a mani/pedi can create a dangerous habit :)

Love the pics in this post too!

alane said...

You are such a cute couple...even more so after 8 years! I love the surprise part and all the neat pictures of you together. And from mom to son...WAY TO GO!!
(I also love the new glasses)