I don't wanna walk without you...


Feeling very sentimental today.
I took my baby to preschool, although she really isn't a baby anymore.
She is funny, spunky, huggy, sweet, dancy, a spit fire, lovie and my very favorite little girl in the world. She is pretty much my whole world and now that world will be Ella-less for a few hours 3 days a week. I think I handled it somewhat well. As soon as I got in my car I called my sister and ended up waking her, (sorry about that Erin) but even though she was groggy she still talked to me, was supportive and heard my little sobs. Then I went to work for a while, then Kohl's and finally it was time to get my baby. I got a lot of sympathy but I liked what my mom wrote to me, "It's hard--even the mother bird has to push the little ones out of the nest so they can learn and grow. It's a new chapter in Gabriella's life. Enjoy helping her write it!"
Thanks mom!
She was pretty excited.


She ran straight to the toys and I had to ask her for a hug.

This will be harder on me than her but I know she will do great!

2 comments:

nernin said...

Hooray for Ella's first day!
I am so glad she had fun and I like what Mom said too.
:)
Look forward to more phone calls from you and I will plan to not sleep in on Wednesdays so we can chat!
~Nernin

alane said...

Oh, I think it is wonderful that you are sad and not doing cartwheels like some of the mothers in my neighborhood. It means that you are a great mommy...and always will be there for her. Call me if you need to!