
I decided to sign up for a two stocking swaps this year...I was paired with two wonderful ladies: one in Italy and the other in New Zealand.
The first package arrived from Italy.
Since my great-great grandfather came from Italy and I know very little about him or what happened to him (however, I heard he may have left KY and traveled to New York to start over) what a wonderful opportunity to make a new friend and learn about such a beautiful place.
Here is Gabriella with La Befana--a witch who brings goodies to good children or coal to naughty little ones. You can read more about her here. It really is a wonderful Italian tradition and with the commercial product driven Holiday here in the States I am happy to incorporate La Befana into my home.


She sent a beautiful necklace that Gabriella and I fight over and a lovely purple stocking...Purple is my favorite color!
Thanks again Michela for the package and making this holiday so special for me and my family.
I also got a wonderful package from Alison in New Zealand. A large stocking with such wonderful goodies, and I can't wait to get crafting. Again Gabriella claimed the necklace and keeps asking me to open up the little bags of beads. I'm excited to start making something with the yarn and fabric.
It has been such a great experience to get to know these ladies better. Thanks Alison!

5 comments:
Hi Meredith! I'm so glad you and Gabriella loves the few bits I've sent you! I've just blogged about your fantastic stocking! Thank you!
Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year! Oh..and a Happy Befana!!!
Ritter sport chocolate is the best!
That looks like so much fun! How did you find someone to switch stockings with?
I want to do that too! What a neat thing. How on earth did you work that out? Let us all know.
Happy New Year to you all!!!!
Post a Comment