Here we are after a bit of a blog Hiatus.
As my friends and family know, I have been daydreaming and wishing for a vacation. Somewhere warm, sand is acceptable but just to escape. I think everyone longs to escape sometimes.
Thanks to Steve for a much needed and wonderful escape to Colorado Springs. Steve took the family away for a Mother's Day Weekend and we made sure to use those precious Marriott points he's been accumulating to stay at a nice hotel.To my delight I saw a Cracker Barrel sign as we approached town...I was instantly transported back to the South. What a wonderful start to our weekend. Gabriella loved the country store and even ate some of her dinner too. Steve ordered breakfast, and I got the ultimate comfort food, Chicken and Dumplings. I think it was Granny Martin who used to make it. So Yummy! They also gave Steve a helping of grits...I ate some of it for him.

(do you notice Wall-e in the photo?)




I seriously have the cutest girl ever...I love her so much!


During our weekend I wanted to do a bit of reading, something easy, something fun, oh and something Mr Darcy!

We also headed down to the Olympic Training Center...I loved it. I love the spirit of it all. The Olympics mean so much more to me than they used to, probably because of the whole carrying the torch thing (the article is still online, crazy!) But I love what it symbolizes. To even be a tiny speck in the Olympic Story amazes me.
Our tour guide went to the Beijing Games in Weightlifting.
(See our Crazy Hair... It was a bit windy that day! )




On our way home we stopped by the Air force Academy...
Gabriella said, "look at the spaceships!" She LOVED it, the planes, spaceships...it didn't matter, she ran to the planes.
(I think Ella was trying to get inside the plane)

Steve, thank you for a wonderful Mother's Day
3 comments:
That looks like such a great weekend! We think she is the cutest girl ever too!!
Looks like you had so much fun! And I agree, Ella is adorable!
Sounds like cool stuff! Ella is so cute!
Post a Comment