Snowmass and Aspen

We made it back, and I thought I'd post up a few pics of our trip. It was all in all a fun time, though we didn't get to go downhill biking (even though I love riding a bike way too fast down the side of a rocky mountain, braking the entire way, I wasn't too broken up about it). However, we did get to ride the lift to the top and take some pretty nice pictures. TIP: If you like doing this kind of stuff, Snowmass has FREE lift tickets all summer. You can ride to the top, hike around for a while, and then hop on it to ride back down. OK, now the pictures.

First, here's a picture of Meredith and I. I figure we were due to post up a pic.

OK, so now some assorted pics of the mountainside:




We also drove up to Aspen on Saturday evening. Wowzers...those people have some serious cash. I could tell that by the fact that when I drove by a cop pulling someone over, I noticed that the cop was driving a SAAB! No Crown Vic's up there. Unfortunately none of the Aspen pics I took turned out very well (dusk is tough), but it was a beautiful place.

Well, that's about it. Oh, and it was a blast driving the Mustang up through the mountains. In spite of the climbs to Eisenhower tunnel, I made 27.1 MPG (amazing for a Mustang) and absolutely blasted by most of the people in the climb (at least the ones I could get around)...doing just over the speed limit!

Thanks for reading. I personally really like the cloud picture and am using it for my wallpaper. If you want a wallpaper sized image of any of these, email me and let me know what resolution you want so I can email you the right size. If there's enough interest, I'll post them up.

That's all for now. Have a good week!
Steve

Get more info at Snowmass Website.

1 comment:

Apres Ski Bum said...

Nice trip guys. You can find cheap deals on lift tickets, accomodations, and activities at Stay Aspen Snowmass We just got over Three feet of snow...come out and play!